Sunday 7 January 2007

N.o 7 Fish Bistro Torquay


Last night Andy took me to our local seafood bistro by Torquay harbourside. It's always good sign to see a packed restaurant. We went before for Andy's birthday a few years back when he reminded me I wore a see-through top.. I didn't realise it was that see through! Anyway, me and Andy always do a very clever thing whereby we order two mains and ask them to come out one after the other so when one main comes out we share that one then the other main can get cooked and be fresh! We like to share everything and have a bit of variety.
So above is the first main an assortment of King Prawns, Baby Scallops and Mussels soaked in a very very very garlicy buttery sauce. Very nice and we polished off the frying pan and had garlic burps all night :-)

The second main below is grilled red mullet fillets with more scallops and chorizo sausage in a what can only be described as a 'f'izzy' vinegary sauce.

This was my fave dish the red mullet skin was soo crispy with a lovely texture and taste and the chorizo really worked well with the fish and scallops. This dish also came with some spinach, red cabbage, sweet potato and herb mash.. lovely.
So if I wasn't full enough, greedy Law here had dessert..Chocolate moosecake..

No comments: