Tuesday 2 January 2007

Home-made bread

Since time is a commodity I possess these days, I've taken to making my own bread! Turns out Paul's mum was given a bread machine which she has never used. The bread machine is totally automated - you just dump in the ingredients, it kneads the dough in two cycles, allowing time for the yeast to rise and then bakes the bread. The idea is that you can walk away and in 3 hours time, the bread will be ready to eat! There are several settings for wholemeal bread, french bread etc. The only thing about baking is that exact measurements of the ingredients is key. Measuring out everything in cups and fluid oz reminded me of my school chemistry experiments...Above is a pic of the kneaded doughball but before the yeast has risen. And below is a pic of the loaf taking pride of place in the New Year's Day Dinner!

No comments: