Saturday 29 June 2013

Cappucino in Italy


I am not a huge coffee enthusiast but even in Italy, I convert to the morning ritual - cappuccino and cornetto for breakfast while standing at the bar! Why pay a higher price to sit down? Last time I was in Italy, I was 19 years old but I still remember the aromatic cappuccinos which has eluded me in every country I've lived in. I'm not sure if it's the machines, the coffee, the water, the process but I find it tough to find a comparable product. Fast forward June 2013 and I return to Italy - almost 20 years since I first visited. The cappuccinos were just as I remembered - creamy, aromatic and always presented at the perfect temperature for drinking. One sip and you wonder how Starbucks ever got so popular. On my return to Boston, I tried a number of different places but only one coffee shop got close - the independent Simon's coffee shop in Cambridge.

Add caption

Add caption



No comments: